Because the world needs good men, it is vital to empower, guide, and support adolescent boys. Good men are not born; they are built – shaped throughout their childhood, and especially in adolescence, by the adults in their lives. But what if there are no men there to teach them, to be their role models, their guides?
33% of children are living without a father in their home, and many live with abusive men. Teenage years are a critical time when boys make choices that affect the rest of their lives. Boys to Men offers teenage boys a variety of trained group mentors and Journeymen (boys who’ve advanced in the program) as role models and understanding peers. This powerful group support helps boys face their challenges, make good choices, and grow into good men in service to themselves, their families, and the community.
Boys to Men is a non-profit organization, started in San Diego in 1996, with programs in 21 cities worldwide. Boys to Men Hawaii has been active since October 2013. We have a long waiting list of boys that would love to join. Get involved and help us grow the movement here in Hawaii to empower as many boys as we can.
Support Boys to Men by taking our pledge.
I pledge to stand for domestic harmony.
I pledge to stand against bullying.
I pledge to mentor our youth.
Sharing this pledge with your social network will help get the word out.
- Hawaii Academy of Arts and Sciences School Intermediate – Pahoa
- Hawaii Academy of Arts and Sciences High School – Pahoa
- Honoka’a High School – Honoka’a
- Kohala Middle School – Kapaau
- Kohala High School – Kapaau
- Konawaena High School – Kealakekua
- Pahoa High School – Pahoa
- Waimea Middle School – Waimea
- Coming Soon
- Kailua Intermediate School – Kailua
- Kaimuki Middle School – Honolulu
- Moanalua High School – Honolulu
- Moanalua Middle School – Honolulu
- Radford High School – Honolulu
- Waimanalo Intermediate – Waimanalo
- Washington Middle – Honolulu
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School – Lihue
# of Schools we work with
# of boys we work with
# of trained mentors:
# of hours volunteered:
Boys to Men Hawaii would like to say thank you to our wonderful sponsors who have helped us to encourage boys in their journey to becoming men. Without the help of these local businesses boys in our community wouldn’t have access to the resources necessary to grow into strong, healthy men of tomorrow. The funds generously donated by our sponsors go directly toward spreading our message, creating school-based programs, and arranging our inspirational Adventure Weekends. Boys to Men Hawaii would not be able to achieve success without these organizations and we are truly grateful for their continued support.