Boys to Men has a huge impact on the community it serves. Just look at our stats!
Boys to Men participants report transformation in their daily lives! Boys, mentors, and volunteers alike all benefit from increased connection, a safe place to be themselves, and a deeper sense of belonging. Boys in our program consistently report better grades, have increased attendance, fewer referrals, and higher self-esteem. Our program focuses on emotional intelligence, interpersonal skill-building, and enhanced communication processes that gives boys the tools they need to live happy and connected lives.
“I am totally shocked at how much being a mentor has changed my life. I knew it was working for the boys… and then I started walking my own talk, began expressing myself more outside of circle, and now I live a life of greater integrity and accountability. Boys to Men has taught me to mentor myself and not just the boys.” – Sam, volunteer group mentor
School records show that boys who participated for one school year:
- Improved their GPA by an average of 57%.
- Reduced their discipline referrals by 79%.
- STAYED in school. Boys to Men students had a 0% dropout rate. (The school’s dropout rate was 35.5%.)
In a University of San Diego study of boys who participated in the program:
- 96% said BTM helped them care about people’s feelings.
- 78% said BTM helped them go to school more often.
- 90% said BTM helped them to do better in school.
- 95% said BTM made them feel better about themselves.
- 91% said BTM positively changed how they view their future.